After installing the Chargent packages and assigning licenses and permissions to your users, you must configure your payment gateway. If you don’t have a payment gateway yet, please contact us; we are happy to help you determine which gateway will best suit your needs.
If you know what gateway you’ll be using, check out our Payment Gateway Guides for information and instructions specific to your gateway.
Using the Gateway Setup Wizard #
To access the Setup Wizard and create your Gateway record:
- Go to the App Launcher and click the Chargent app.
- Click the Chargent Settings tab.
- Click the Setup Wizard subtab.
- When prompted, “Do you have a Payment Gateway account?” click Yes.
- Select your Payment Gateway from the list and click Continue.
- Add your gateway account credentials and select whether or not this gateway will be processing test or live transactions.
Important: Make sure to select the Test Transactions or Live Transactions tab based on whether or not you are using a test or live gateway account.
- Will you use tokenization? (recommended)
- What currencies will be available when using this gateway record? (USD, CAD, etc.)
Note: Ensure that your payment gateway supports your chosen currencies before making a selection.
- Do you want to enable Payment Console? Payment Console is a premium feature of Chargent and is included in Platform and Enterprise Editions of Chargent.
- Click Yes to request a Chargent Activation Key for Payment Console.
- Click No if you don’t require Payment Console or have already added a Chargent Activation Key to your org.
- What payment methods will you be accepting?
- Will you accept credit cards? If so, what credit Card types will you be accepting? (Visa, Mastercard, etc.)
- Will you accept ACH (Bank Account)? If so, what Direct Debit Network will you use?
- Will you be using ACH Validation? (Not all gateways support ACH Validation)
- Set up your Payment Console (this page only displays if you click Yes on step 9).
- Will you show the Charge, Create/Update Token, or Authorize buttons?
- Will you be using recurring, scheduled, or installment payments?
- If you click Yes, the Setup Wizard will continue and assist you with creating a Recurring Billing Batch.
- Click No if you’ve already created a Recurring Billing Batch or will not be taking recurring payments.
- If you click Yes in step 12, you will be asked if you want it to run the batch at 3 am (recommended) or a different time. If you choose not to run the batch at 3 am, you will be given the option to choose when to run the batch.
- Click Start Recurring Batch to create the Recurring Billing Batch.
Congratulations! You successfully configured your payment gateway. Regardless of whether or not this is your first time configuring a gateway in Chargent, we recommend testing your gateway before processing any live transactions.
Gateway Setup Wizard Errors #
If you receive an error message stating, “Credentials you provided are not valid. Please check and try again.”
- Your gateway credentials are either invalid or expired. Please check them and try again.
- You are using test credentials to set up a live gateway.
- You are using live credentials to set up a test gateway.
- The Remote Site Settings for your payment gateway are not active.
- Go to Setup > Remote Site Settings
- Locate the URL(s) related to your gateway
- Ensure the Active checkbox is checked