Welcome to the Chargent Orders tab where you can track all your billing and payment details. You can also set up recurring payment schedules. Think of the Chargent Order record as a “Payment Profile,” containing all the important details of a one-time or recurring payment, including the transaction history for that record.
At the top, Chargent displays a summary of the order details including:
- Order Title
- Order Descriptor
- Recurring payment details (or the last payment collected)
- Charge Amount
All related information is a click away:
- Transactions related to this Chargent Order record appear in the Transactions related list.
- Payment requests sent for this Chargent Order record appear in the Payment Requests related list.
Regardless of whether you use Chargent Anywhere or the Chargent Orders tab, your business relies on Chargent Orders. From this tab, you can quickly create, locate, and work with the orders your business is processing.
Payment Request Setup
Set up your site to allow your customers to send payments securely.
Process payments from any object and track them from the Chargent Orders tab.
Chargent Payment Console
Process all payments through an easy and convenient interface.
Allow your users to begin processing payments on a daily, weekly or monthly schedule.
Sending Payment Requests
Generate and send payment links to your customers.
Card Details #
Chargent includes a Visualforce field called Card Details that you can add to the Chargent Orders page layout to give you a summary of the card information such as card brand, last four digits, and expiration date. It appears green if the card is more than two months from expiring, yellow if the card is within two months of expiring, and red if the card has expired. When adding this Visualforce field to your Page Layout, update the settings to include the field name by clicking the wrench icon and selecting a checkbox called Show Label.
Chargent Order Amounts #
The Chargent Orders Transaction package contains the following fields for calculating a payment value:
The Total field is automatically populated from these three fields. The Balance Due field is made up of the Total minus the total of all past approved transactions, including both charges and refunds. The Balance Due field also populates the Charge Amount field, which is the amount sent to be processed with your payment gateway.
The Charge Amount field is automatically populated with the Balance Due, however this field can be updated with any Charge Amount if the checkbox for Manual Charge is checked. If the Manual Charge box is checked, Chargent sends the value in the Charge Amount field to the gateway, regardless of which values are found in the Subtotal, Tax, and Shipping fields.
Payment Frequency #
The Recurring Billing Batch checks the Payment Frequency field to determine when to process a payment. This field needs to be set in order for recurring payments to be transacted. Chargent looks at the last recurring transaction record, checks the frequency, and then determines by the other recurring fields if the payment should be processed. Here are the different values available and what they mean.
- –None– (default) – This will not be processed in the recurring billing batch
- Once – a single transaction will occur on the Payment Start Date
- Daily – one transaction per day that the scheduled process is executed
- Weekly – one transaction per calendar week on the same weekday
- Biweekly – one transaction every two weeks on the same weekday
- Monthly – one transaction per calendar month on the same day as the Payment Start Date
- Bimonthly – one transaction every two months on the same day of the month
- Quarterly – one transaction every three months on the same day of the month
- Semiannual – one transaction every six months on the same day of the month
- Annual – one transaction every year on the same day
- Biennial – one transaction per every two years on the same day
Note: If you need to collect a down payment prior to setting up recurring billing, simply enter the amount in the Charge Amount field, then click the Charge action button. Once that transaction completes, set the Payment Start Date to the date you wish the next recurring transaction to occur and save the record.
Payment Stop #
The Payment Stop field is dependent on Payment Frequency. This field determines when recurring transactions should stop running. Chargent offers you four options to manage the payment schedule of a recurring transaction. If this field is set to “Unending” or is left blank, the payment schedule will run indefinitely.
- Date – Chargent will process the last transaction on or before the Payment End Date depending on frequency. Payment End Date needs to be set for this to end based on a date.
Count – Chargent will stop processing transactions when the number of approved recurring transactions equals the value in the Payment Count field. This is helpful to follow an agreed upon payment schedule based on number of payments instead of date.
Note: This tracks the total number of “Approved” recurring transactions, excluding any manual transactions by clicking the Charge button. If you would like to monitor this field, you can display or report on “Transaction Count Recurring.”
- Balance Due – Chargent will continue to process transactions until Balance Due is less or equal to zero.
Note: If the number of payments exceeds the total balance due you may end up charging more than was intended, resulting in a negative Balance Due. Chargent recommends only using Balance Due when the Charge Amount is evenly divided into the Total.
- Unending – Chargent will process transactions with no stop event for as long as the Scheduled Apex is automatically executed and the Payment Status remains as “Recurring.”
Charge Date #
This optional field can be set to a value of 1 to 31 and recurring charges will be completed on that day of the month, regardless of how long it took to complete payment last time. If a card is declined, then finally approved a week later, the customer will still be charged on the same date next month, rather than 30 days from the previously successful recurring transaction.
This field is not used in Daily, Weekly, or Biweekly recurring transactions, but will work for any time period Monthly or more. If this field is set to 31, Chargent will automatically charge on the 30th for months with 30 days, or on the 28th or 29th of February.
Next Scheduled Payment #
Chargent runs its logic and indicates when the next recurring transaction is going to occur in this field. This is useful for reporting and double-checking your configuration. Please note that the Next Scheduled Payment field cannot be modified, as it is set automatically by Chargent when a record is saved.