Chargent’s primary purpose is processing Credit Cards and ACH payments (e-check / direct debit) in Salesforce. We also offer the option to keep track of cash payments and checks via the Chargent Anywhere component. Keep in mind that transactions involving cash and checks do not pass through your gateway or verify that you have received any funds. These buttons can also be hidden via the component’s settings.
Add or Remove Show Add Cash/Check #
To add or remove the Add Cash or Add Check buttons in Chargent Anywhere, follow these steps:
- Navigate to a record for the object with Chargent Anywhere.
- Click the gear icon and select Edit Page.
- Click the Chargent Anywhere Lightning Component on the Lightning Page.
- If you haven’t added Chargent Anywhere to your Lightning Page, drag the component to your page from the left sidebar under Custom – Managed.
- Check or uncheck the Show Add Cash Button or Show Add Check Button fields.
How to Process a Cash or Check Payment #
- Click Add Cash or Add Check in Chargent Anywhere.
- Next, enter the Amount and Date you wish to process for cash payments. Alternatively, enter the Check number and Amount for check payments.
- Click Save to create a transaction record indicating the cash or check payment.
You have successfully created a cash or check payment!
Identify Your Cash or Check Payments #
You can identify your cash or check payments in two ways.
- The Payment Method field value for your cash payments will be “Cash”, and your check payments will be “Check (Paper)”.
- The Gateway ID field value for your cash payments will be “Cash”, and your check payments will be “Check” followed by the check number, as shown below.