Add Cash and Add Check both will create a transaction but do not send the payment information to your gateway. They are designed to help you keep track of additional payment types that are associated with the record. Add Check refers to a paper check. These buttons can also be hidden from the page.
- Press Add Cash or Add Check
- You can either select an existing Chargent Order or create a new one by selecting the box that says Create New Order
- Enter the Payment Date
- (Paper Check only) Add the check number
- Enter the Amount
- Click Save.
Customizing the Payment Console #
Once you have the configuration done and Payment Console working, you can now customize the Chargent Anywhere Component. You can set the defaults for the following items (please note, some may require custom fields to be added prior)
There are several items that can be setup to pre-populate in Chargent Anywhere.
- Gateway – Assign a specific gateway to be populated automatically when you process a transaction.
- Default Charge Amount – If you have a specific amount that you want to charge every time, you can automatically populate this based on a specific field.
- Default Recurring Amount – Similar to the Default Charge Amount, if you have a specific recurring amount to be processed in your scheduled payments, you can set this as a default based on the field on the record.
- Account – The Account is usually already set on the record however this field can also be set to default when processing payments using the Payment Console.
- Contact – Allows you to select the contact on the record you are processing the transaction from. This will automatically populate to the Payment Console along with this contacts address for billing.
For the above items you will need to add custom fields to the Page Layout in order for these to populate.
- Account and Contact, you would want to do a Lookup field.
- Charge Amount and Recurring Amount you want to do a currency field.
- Gateway you need the Gateway record ID
Create Custom Fields #
- Click the [gear icon] and choose [Setup]
- Under [Objects & Fields] select [Object Manager]
- Choose the Object you have Chargent Anywhere installed
- Click [Fields & Relationships]
- Choose [New] and go through the setup for custom fields
When you create your custom fields it will give you a Field Name which you will use to configure the Chargent Anywhere LWC.
Configure Default Settings #
- Navigate to a record on the object with Chargent Anywhere.
- Click the [gear icon] and select [Edit Page]
- Select the Chargent Anywhere Lightning Component.
- Add the field names and record ID where specified.
- Click Activate and Save.
Gateway ID: You can get the Gateway ID from the URL on the Gateway record.
Additional Items to Configure: #
- Show / Hide Remove Buttons: Allows you to display or remove buttons from your Chargent Anywhere Console. This includes Payment Request, Payment Console, Add Cash, and Add Check buttons.
- Change the name of the Charge button: This allows you to modify the button name to whatever suits your organization best.
Manually Scheduling the Apex Batch #
If you originally said no when setting up your gateway, or if you are on a version prior to 5.40 and want to schedule your Apex batch manually, then do the following:
- Click on the gear icon on the top right side and select Setup.
- Under Custom Code select Apex Classes.
- Click Schedule Apex.
Enter the following fields:
- Job Name: You should name your batch something that reflects Recurring Billing so you can identify it later if needed.
- Apex Class: Click on the magnifying glass and select the “sheduledBatchProcessing” class to be run.
Note: The class name contains a typo – there is no “c” in the word “scheduled”. While that was not intentional, we can’t change it!
- Schedule Apex Execution:
- Frequency = Weekly
- Check every day of the week so that the batch runs daily.
- Start Date = today’s date
- End Date (important): The end date should be far into the future so that the schedule doesn’t end. Once the batch ends the recurring batch will no longer process recurring transactions. 2050 is generally a good year to use.
- Start Time: Although you can choose any time you want we recommend 3am to give your team the whole day to review transactions and make any required adjustments or voids during business hours.