After moving your Chargent configuration from sandbox to production, we recommend testing in your production org prior to taking live customer payments.
Running Test Transactions in Production #
Chargent allows you to have multiple gateway records. So, we recommend keeping your test gateway record for future testing and troubleshooting in production. Feel free to run a few test transactions using your test gateway record; however, we recommend deactivating the record when not in use.
Deactivating Your Test Gateway
- Go to the App Launcher and search for and select Gateways.
- Click the down arrow to the right of your test gateway and click Edit.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Uncheck the Active checkbox so no transactions are accidentally sent to this test gateway.
- Click Save.
Running Live Transactions in Production #
After you have successfully processed test transactions in your production org, it is critical to test real live transactions in your production instance prior to rolling out Chargent. This is because not all features can be fully tested with test transactions, even if you follow your payment gateway’s recommended tests and expected responses. For example, Address Verification Settings (AVS) cannot be fully tested on most payment gateways because transactions that were approved in test could be declined when live. Many gateway test environments do not behave the same as live when it comes to things like fraud filters, refunds, and more. It is best to work out any issues before going live.
To test live transactions from production prior to going live:
- Use your own credit card or a company credit card
- Charge a small amount, such as $1 or $5
- Go to the created transaction record afterwards
- Click the Void button
- If voided the same day, the transaction will not settle and should not appear on your statement or deduct funds from your account.
- Live transactions will incur per-transaction fees (typically, 10 to 30 cents per transaction).
Next Steps #
Migrating Your Data
If you have been using another payment system, you can migrate that data to Chargent by exporting it from the old system. Loading that data into Salesforce should be easy. Follow our instructions for migrating your data to Chargent.