Assign Licenses to your Users (Production Only) #
The first thing you should do after you install Chargent in a production Salesforce org is assign Chargent’s Licenses to your users. Our base pricing package includes 20 user licenses, but you can purchase additional licenses as needed. The Chargent Transaction and Chargent Anywhere packages both require a license. The Chargent Base package does not require a license.
Note: You do not need to assign licenses in a Sandbox. This allows you to test all of Chargent’s features without needing to assign and manage your licenses.
Users not assigned a Chargent license cannot access Chargent objects, fields, tabs, or data and cannot use any of Chargent’s features.
To assign licenses, follow these steps:
- Click on the Gear Icon and click Setup.
- In the Quick Find box, search for and click Installed Packages.
- Click Manage Licenses to the left of Chargent Orders, as shown below.
Note: If you do not see a Manage Licenses link, you may be in a sandbox environment or looking at the Chargent Base package.
- Click Add Users and select the checkbox next to those requiring access to Chargent.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the Chargent Anywhere package.
Great job! Now that your licenses are assigned, you’re ready to assign Chargent’s Permission Sets.