Assign Chargent Permission Sets to Admins & Users #
To view, create, and update records in Chargent, you must assign Permissions to your admins and users. Our Permission Set Assignment Tool makes this easy once you’ve installed Chargent and assigned licenses to your users.
- Go to the App Launcher and click the Chargent app.
- Click the Chargent Settings tab.
- Click the Manage User Permissions subtab.
- Depending on the required access level, assign two Permission Sets to each user that will be using Chargent by clicking the top option (the Permission Set name), selecting an Available User, and clicking the right arrow button. You can remove a Permission Set by selecting an Assigned User and clicking the left arrow button.
Assign the following Permission Sets to users who will be administering Chargent:
- Chargent Admin Base
- Chargent Admin Orders
For all other Chargent users, assign the following Permission Sets:
- Chargent User Base
- Chargent User Orders
Note: Permission Sets are immediately assigned when clicking the right arrow or removed when clicking the left arrow. You do not need to save your changes.
- You cannot remove a Permission Set from yourself using the Permission Set Assignment Tool. Instead, remove the permission in Salesforce Setup, as outlined in Salesforce’s documentation.
- You cannot assign a Permission Set to users whose license lacks Visualforce page access.
Assign Chargent Anywhere Permission Sets #
If you are using Chargent Anywhere (Recommended), you must assign the following Permission Sets to your admins and users who will be using Chargent Anywhere to process payments:
- Chargent Payment Console
- Chargent Payment Request
To learn about assigning Permission Sets in Salesforce, visit Assign a Permission Set to Multiple Users.
Next Steps #
If you already have a gateway provider, you can follow our Gateway Setup Guide.