After you’ve activated Automated Collections, the Automated Collections tab displays a dashboard with insights and statistics, illustrating how useful it is for your business. At a glance, this dashboard displays:
- How much money is being collected through the Automated Collections process?
- How often are customers missing payments?
- How well is your company recovering those missed payments?
Use these valuable insights into your automated collections process to make actionable changes that maximize your collections and redeem those missed payments. Ultimately, you can see what is working so you can continue collecting while improving your collections process. We recommend reviewing the sales data for a specific week (Cash Collected Weekly Chart). These metrics can tell you when a week has low sales, a sign that you should review your collections process.
Automated Collections offers dashboard in different formats:
Lightning Web Component #
A Lightning Web component titled “Chargent Automated Collections” is displayed in the Automated Collections tab. This Lightning Web Component can be added to any page layout. Configure it to display specific sections.
- Click the App Launcher icon at the top-left of your screen and choose Chargent.
- Select the Automated Collections tab.
- Review the statistics to understand how much revenue your process is recovering, which customers are in the collections pipeline, and which stages get the best results so you can refine your process. Click here for more information on these reports. Click here if Automated Collections is not set up for your organization.
- To configure it, click the gear icon and choose Setup.
- Click the Object Manager tab, enter Automated Collections and select Lightning Record Pages in the left sidebar.
- Click Edit for Chargent Automated Collections Record Page.
- Choose Automated Collections under Pages, and highlight the component displayed. Configure the charts and tables as needed.
Standard Salesforce Dashboard #
The standard Salesforce dashboard is available from the Dashboards tab. You can view it, drill down to the individual reports, or configure it for the specific insights of your business.
- Click the App Launcher icon at the top-left of your screen.
- Enter and select Dashboards.
- Select All Folders.
- Select Chargent Smart Payments Dashboards.
- Click Automated Collections Dashboard. Configure your dashboard using help on Salesforce Dashboards. Click here to harness all the intelligence in the Automated Collections Dashboard.
Review Your Process #
After you’ve gleaned valuable statistics, review these additional tips and revise your process as needed.
- Check your Automated Collections configuration.
- Did you try anything new that may be underperforming?
- Conduct some tests.
- Try testing different configurations for a similar group to see which performs better.
- Try testing different configurations to random groups to see which performs better.
- Review stages in the current automated collections configuration.
- What is the configuration for emails and retries? Try changing it to be more specific to your audience’s payday.
- What is the content for your email template? Perhaps you have too much content, and the link is buried. It’s a best practice to keep the content short and precise while highlighting the Payment Request link.
- How is the Payment Request template layout? Is it easy to use? Do you need to modify the layout?
- Click here to get more insight on your Automated Collections dashboard.
- Click here to view what additional actions you can take on your dashboard.
- Click here to find out what types of dashboards are available.