Our Payment Request feature allows you to generate and email a payment link (URL) to your customers directly from any object that has Chargent Anywhere configured. You can use this payment link in Salesforce email templates, or anywhere you want to share it. Our Automated Collections add-on also leverages this feature to provide customers in collections with a secure way to update payment information.
- Select any record from a tab that has Chargent Anywhere configured. For example, you can display Chargent Anywhere from the contact, order, or account page layout.
- Click Send Payment Request in the Chargent Anywhere Lightning component.
- If you have multiple payment request templates, select the template you want to use from the Select Payment Request Template picklist.
- Enter the email address of the contact who should receive the request in the Recipient Email Address field or choose the contact from the Contact lookup.
- Confirm the Charge Amount.
- Choose a Payment Request Type from these options:
- Charge Full Amount asks recipients to enter their payment details and completes the transaction.
- Authorize Full Amount gathers the recipient’s payment details and stores them for future use.
- Enter optional info in Request Notes, such as any notes you want the recipient of this payment request to see in the email they receive.
- Click Send Request.
The payment link displays a secure payment page with their contact information and the amount already populated. The customer simply enters their payment details and clicks the button you configured in Payment Request Setup to process the transaction. Your payment request link could display a page similar to this example.
The payment request creates the following records in your Salesforce instance:
- Chargent Order – the Chargent Order record acts as a payment profile. It indicates the payment method being used and the schedule of payments planned if configured for recurring payments. Transactions related to this record will be associated and displayed as well.
- Chargent Payment Request – the Payment Request object consists of all Payment Requests for all transactions. Chargent associates each payment request with a Chargent Order record.
- Transaction – Once the Payment Request is completed and payment has been made, Chargent creates a transaction record showing the payment and associating the transaction with the Chargent Order.
- Chargent Payment Method – Chargent securely stores a record on this object with payment information if you have enabled multiple payment methods and you have selected one of these checkboxes:
Note: Your Chargent installation may not have Payment Methods enabled. Once enabled, it cannot be disabled. See Implementing Payment Methods for more details about enabling this feature.
Once the payment request is paid, the status field changes from Created to Paid. Click here for more information on these status values.
Your community users see the Use these payment details on all future payments… checkbox on a recurring payment if you’ve configured Chargent to store multiple payment methods when setting up payment requests.