Our Payment Request feature allows you to generate and send a payment link (URL) to your customers directly from any object that has Chargent Anywhere configured. You can use this payment link in Salesforce email templates, or anywhere method you want to share it.
- Click the Send Payment Request button in the Chargent Anywhere Lightning component
- If you have multiple Payment Request Templates you will need to select the template you want to use.
- Click the Contact picklist to choose the contact to which you’re sending the request (You may also manually enter an email address in the Recipient Email Address field instead).
- Enter the Request Amount
- Enter optional info in the Request Notes (These are notes the recipient of this Payment Request will see in the email they receive)
- Click the [Send] Request button
The payment link takes them to a secure payment page, where their contact information and the amount is already populated. The customer simply has to enter their credit card, CSC (Card Security Code), and Expiration Date then press Charge.
The Payment Request will create the following records in your Salesforce Org:
- Chargent Order – the Chargent Order acts as a payment source for the transaction. Its where the token will be stored for future payments and recurring billing.
- Chargent Payment Request – the Payment Request object consists of all Payment Requests for all transactions. Each payment request generated is associated with a Chargent Order.
- Transaction – Once the Payment Request is completed and payment has been made a transaction record is created showing the payment and associating the transaction back to the Chargent Order.
Once the Payment Request is paid, the Status field will change from Created to Paid.