Going into Production
There are many options for additional customization of how Chargent works within Salesforce beyond the basic setup described above. Once you have configured Chargent to your satisfaction, and have completely set up and tested any integration or automation with your other business processes, it is time to move into production.
Your Payflow account and associated services can have either a Test or a Live status
Test: All transaction information is sent to test servers at PayPal. You should run transaction or configure settings in Test status to get comfortable with the services. No money trades hands in test transactions. For services, when you purchase a service, it is in Test status. Configure the service as per your business needs when it is in Test status.
Live: All transactions that you submit are sent to the financial institutions for processing and real money is transferred. For your services, the settings that you configured when in Test status go into effect, and impact your transactions accordingly.
Once you have completed your testing, you can activate your Payflow account by clicking on the Activate Your Account button which is located under the Your Account Status section of the PayPal Manager Home page. This will allow you to process transactions using real currency. Active accounts perform Live transactions.
Live versus Test Mode
When you log on to PayPal Manager you will be notified which mode your account is in.
When your account is active and Payflow is in Live Status, you still have the option to troubleshoot problems by submitting test transactions. Just check the Test Endpoint button on the Chargent Gateway record to send a transaction to the test server, and use a test credit card account number.
Because your Payflow account will now have a history of both Test and Live transactions, PayPal Manager allows you to specify which type of transaction to view or perform. For active accounts, the Transaction Mode field appears on task pages to enable you to specify either Test or Live transactions.
Once Payflow Status is Live, you may wish to run some additional Test transactions
- Just leave the Test Endpoint checkbox in the gateway checked
If your test transactions in both Test and Live Status were successful, you are ready to run Live transactions with PayPal’s Payflow Pro and Salesforce.
- Uncheck the Test Endpoint checkbox in your Salesforce Gateway record
- Check to make sure the Transaction Process Mode in the PayPal Manager is set to LIVE
- You can now run live transactions using valid credit card numbers
- If you wish to test some live transactions with your own credit card, you can void them immediately after, to prevent the transactions from settling. Just go to the transaction record in Salesforce and click the Void button.
- If you do run live transactions as a test, it is recommended to make them very low amounts to minimize any impact, in the event you forget to void them.
- For Visa live transaction tests, you can submit $0.00 transactions