The second template is much easier now with the first one completed. With that activated:
- Click on Clone again.
- Change the Rule Name to match the Transaction type.
- Change the name from “charge full amount” to “authorize full amount”.
- Go to the Rule Criteria and simply change the ‘Charge Full Amount’ value to ‘Authorize full amount’.
- Click Save
Next, add your Workflow Action again.
- Select ‘New Email Alert’
- Add your Description and click that magnifying glass again.
- Select the template you want to send to customers whom you’ll be authorizing their card rather than charging immediately.
- Change the Recipient Type from User to ‘Email field’
- Move the Available value into the Selected column
- Click Done.
- Activate the rule and you’re good to go!
With this configured, if you select either the Charge Full Amount option or the Authorize Full Amount option in Chargent’s Payment Request feature, you’ll send the appropriate email template to your customer to avoid any confusion!
As you can see, by combining the power of Salesforce Email Template functionality, Workflow rules, and Chargent’s Payment Request, you are able to model a complex split payment flow pretty easily.
Customize Your Salesforce Payments
Collect payments easier with Chargent! With the ability to customize workflows and templates, there’s a wealth of opportunities to make Salesforce payments work for your system. Our free 30-day trial lets you experience how Chargent can simplify payments and reduce workloads. At Chargent we’re dedicated to helping Salesforce customers like you keep your payments simple. And remember, we’re always here to help!