Testing the Integration
Testing using Chargent Anywhere
Testing with Payment Console
To test using the Payment Console, you want to navigate to any record in your Sandbox that has the Chargent Anywhere Component enabled.
- Click the [Payment Console] button
- If you are using multiple gateways select your gateway from the dropdown otherwise continue to step 3
- Enter all the Billing Information and click [Next]
- Enter in a test credit card number, expiration date, and CVC code based on the Paysafe Test Credit Cards below.
- Click the [Charge] button.
You should receive a green box showing Approved.
Testing using Payment Request
To test using a Payment Request you want to be sure you have the Chargent Payment Request feature set up as outlined in our documentation.
- Click the [Send Payment Request] button
- If you have multiple Payment Request templates set up you will first choose what template you want to use.
- Enter an email address where you want to send the test Payment Request along with any amount.
- Enter a Contact name (Optional)
- Click the [Send Request] button
When you receive the email, click the secure link for the Payment Request. Use one of Paysafe credit cards to complete the payform and submit the payment.
You should receive a green box confirmation
Sending Live Transactions from a Salesforce Sandbox
When Chargent is installed in a Salesforce Sandbox, transactions are always sent to the payment gateway’s test / sandbox / development environment, regardless of whether Chargent’s Test Endpoint checkbox is checked. This is done as a security precaution, to prevent real transactions from being accidentally sent from a Salesforce Sandbox.
When Chargent is installed in a production or developer Salesforce org, the Test Endpoint checkbox on the Gateway record will select between sending to the payment gateway’s live and test environments. (There are a few exceptions, such as Stripe, which has a single endpoint to send transactions to, and different credentials for live versus test transactions).
If you wish to send live transactions from a Salesforce Sandbox, as a final step in testing, simply use Chargent’s Endpoint Override field on the Gateway record, and enter the production endpoint of your chosen gateway there.
Here is the production endpoint URL for Chargent’s integration with Paysafe :
Note that the full endpoint URL must be entered in the Endpoint Override field, and the domain must be present in the Remote Site Settings (for standard Chargent integrations it should be already present).