Testing using Chargent Anywhere
Testing with Payment Console
To test using the Payment Console, you want to navigate to any record in your Sandbox that has the Chargent Anywhere Component enabled.
- Click the [PaymentConsole] button
- If you are using multiple gateways select your gateway from the dropdown otherwise continue to step 3
- Enter all the Billing Information and click [Next]
- Enter in a test credit card number, expiration date, and CVC code based on the Cybersource test credit cards below. If you are testing ACH you can use the Cybersource Bank Account test numbers.
- Click the [Charge] button.
You should receive a green box showing Approved.
Testing using Payment Request
To test using a Payment Request you want to be sure you have the Chargent Payment Request feature set up as outlined in our documentation.
- Click the [Send Payment Request] button
- If you have multiple Payment Request templates set up you will first choose what template you want to use.
- Enter an email address where you want to send the test Payment Request along with any amount.
- Enter a Contact name (Optional)
- Click the [Send Request] button
When you receive the email, click the secure link for the Payment Request. Use one of Cybersource Credit Cards or bank account testing numbers to complete the payform and submit the payment.
You should receive a green box confirmation
The ACH Validation feature works with Lyon’s ACH Validation service to validate the bank account, and store the validation in your Salesforce Org. During your Gateway Setup you will authenticate your Lyon’s credentials and Chargent uses a referral relationship for all first-time transactions.
If you are not using Lyon’s ACH Verification you want to disable this.
If you are using Lyon’s ACH Validation you will enter the following credentials.
- Company ID
Note: If you are testing in a Salesforce Sandbox or Developer account, you want to be sure to check the ‘Test Transactions Only’ box.
- Enabled: this setting will enable or disable the ACH Validation.
- Company Id: The company Id in Lyons validation.
- Username: Username to log in Lyons validation.
- Password: Password to log in Lyons validation.
- Test Transactions Only: If this setting is checked, you will send all validations, through a test gateway.
In case you decide to turn off ACH Validation, you will see this warning message.
On the other hand, when you edit the gateway, in “Advanced Settings” you will see this new checkbox, Allow “No-Hit” Transactions.
A “no hit” ACH Validation Response is neither positive or negative. It indicates that ACH validation couldn’t be completed as this account is not listed in the reference database at this time.
On failure validation you will receive this message
NACHA validation, when enabled and correctly configured, applies to all Orders with Bank Account payment method and ACH as Bank Account type in the related gateway.
The only exception to the above mentioned rule is for orders with already-approved transactions, with the same Account Number last 4; these Bank Accounts are treated valid without using the Lyons service.
In case that there was an error from Lyons service the transaction will continue as usual but this Bank Account will try to get validated again on the next transaction.
If the transaction doesn’t count with the necessary information to get validated because of the tokenization will count as a valid transaction, without the ACH validation