Testing the Integration
This section contains the procedure for testing the integrations that were set up in Configuring ModusLink for Integration and Configuring Salesforce For Integration-using the ModusLink test credentials in Salesforce.
Follow the steps below to ensure that the integration is correct.
- In the upper-left corner of the Salesforce page, click the + tab to open the All Tabs page.
- In the tabs listing, locate the link that corresponds to the Chargent Transaction Package that you installed during the Configuring Salesforce For Integration procedure. See the figure below, in which we show Chargent Orders for the purpose of illustration here.
- On the next page, click the New button (see the figure below).
- For ModusLink, these are valid test credit card numbers:
- VISA – 4200000000000000
- MasterCard – 5454545454545454
- American Express – 377777777777770
- In the Chargent Order Edit page, enter or select information to correctly complete the essential parts of the form, including:
- Billing First Name
- Billing Last Name
- Billing Address, Billing City, Billing State, Billing Zip/Postal
- Billing Email Address
- Charge Amount
- Payment Method
- Card Type
- Card Number
- Card Expiration Month
- Card Expiration Year (use a future year)
- Card Last 4
See the figure below for the placement of these fields.
- Click the Save button to commit the changes on the form. On the next page, click the Charge button (as shown below).
- When the transaction is complete, you see a small pop-up as shown in this figure. Click the OK button to close the pop-up window, then scroll to the bottom of the Order page.
- A record is created for each error and each successful transaction, and this record contains the response messages and details that are sent back from ModusLink. See the figure below for an example.
Sending Live Transactions from a Salesforce Sandbox
When Chargent is installed in a Salesforce Sandbox, transactions are typically sent to the payment gateway’s test / sandbox / development environment, regardless of whether Chargent’s Test Endpoint checkbox is checked. This is done as a security precaution, to prevent real transactions from being accidentally sent from a Salesforce Sandbox.
When Chargent is installed in a production or developer Salesforce org, checking the Test Endpoint checkbox on the Gateway record will route transactions to the test environments provided by the gateway.
Note: Some gateways use the same endpoint for live and test environments. For these gateways, the Chargent application does not prevent live transaction processing. As such, it is best practice to deactivate your live gateway records in orgs used for testing.
If you wish to send live transactions from a Salesforce Sandbox, as a final step in testing, simply use Chargent’s Endpoint Override field on the Gateway record, and enter the production endpoint of your chosen gateway there.
Here is the production endpoint URL for Chargent’s integration with ModusLink:
Note that the full endpoint URL must be entered in the Endpoint Override field, and the domain must be present in the Remote Site Settings (for standard Chargent integrations it should be already present).