- As You Begin
- How to Send an ACH Credit
How to send money using Chargent #
As You Begin: #
As you begin this process, there are a few things you should know and some prerequisites.
Chargent was designed to send a credit from your bank account in the US to another US bank account. This is done using the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network which is provide by the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA)
The credit feature can be used on these gateways:
- Fat Zebra
- Vantiv eComm (aka Litle, WorldPay eComm)
Don’t see your gateway listed here, contact Chargent support to double check if your gateway is supported and not listed. However most Chargent gateways are not able to use this feature.
Chargent Version #
You must be on the latest version of Chargent for this to be successful.
Update to the latest version of Chargent here: https://appfrontier.com/chargent-installation
How To Send an ACH Credit #
Once your organization has been set up to send credits. Sending a credit from the UI provided by Chargent is easy. Just follow these steps.
Lightning UI | Classic UI #
This method uses only the standard Salesforce out of the box UI.
- Create or update a Chargent Order populating these fields
- Order Title (optional)=What the payment is for
- Gateway=Chargent gateway record that has been configured to send payment
- Account or Contact=The recipient
- Payment Method=Check
- Bank Account Name=First & last name or Organization name of recipient
- Bank Name (optional on most gateways)=Name of financial institution
- Bank Routing Number & Bank Account Number OR
- Credit Amount=Dollar amount that is being sent to recipient
- Order Source=Prearranged Payment and Deposit (ACH SEC: PPD)
- Billing First & Last Names (Optional)
- Billing Company (Optional)
- Billing Email (Optional)
- Billing Address (Optional)
- Order Information (Optional)
- Save the Chargent Order
- Click Credit action or button
- Success! Chargent has sent the amount in the Credit Amount field to the bank account specified on this Chargent Order.
|Note: As the ACH network does not settle immediately we strongly recommend that each Chargent customer sets up transaction sync in Chargent. This will ensure that when a payment is settled, your Chargent system is updated.|