Payment Requests and Console
Chargent gives you a number of interfaces for controlling payments inside Salesforce.
- Payment Request enables you to send links to your customers so they can securely enter their payment details online
- Payment Console gives you a popup window for entering credit card or bank payment details while on the phone with your customer
- Chargent Anywhere ties together both Payment Request and Payment Console, enabling them to be accessed from anywhere in Salesforce, as well as making Recurring Billing setup easier.
Chargent Anywhere allows you to process payments from any object in Salesforce. The Chargent Anywhere component contains four buttons.
- Send Pay Request - Allows you to send an email with a URL to a secure payment page
- Payment Console - Allows you to enter credit card information in a secure manner and either process one time payment or setup recurring billing.
- Add Cash - Allows you to create a transaction record for a cash entry (does not get sent to your payment gateway).
- Add Check - allows you to create a transaction record for a paper check entry (does not get sent to your payment gateway).
Using Chargent Anywhere with Payment Console and tokenization you reduce the scope of PCI Compliance by never storing sensitive credit card or bank account number information in Salesforce.
For an overview of configuring Chargent Anywhere, Payment Requests, and Payment Console, check out the following video.
For setting up and customizing Chargent Anywhere, check out our Chargent Anywhere Quick Start Guide for Chargent Anywhere
Also check out the Chargent Anywhere User Guide for Chargent Anywhere.
Our Payment Request feature allows you to generate and send a payment link (URL) to your customers directly from any object you’ve configured Chargent Anywhere on. This payment link can also be used in Salesforce email templates, your own email service / application, over IM, or really any media that has clickable links!
Chargent's Payment Request feature is available as a button on the Chargent Order, and can also be added through Chargent Anywhere, It is available with Chargent’s Sites Edition and above. Setup for Payment Request is required.
Chargent's Payment Console feature allows you to submit payments directly from a Salesforce popup window to your payment gateway, without saving or storing account numbers in Salesforce. Payment Console works with both credit card and ACH (electronic check / direct debit) payments, and is recommended for phone orders / MOTO payments.
Payment Console doesn’t store payment information, and combined with tokenization it can help reduce the scope of your PCI Compliance.
The Payment Console in Chargent Anywhere has some additional features that allow you to do the following in a few easy steps:
- Process a one time payment.
- Setup Recurring Billing (subscriptions).
- Process a one time payment and setup a recurring billing schedule.
Configuration of Payment Console allows you to configure and auto-populate several fields to simplify your recurring billing setup. You can set the defaults for the following items.
- Default Charge Amount - What amount will always be populated in the Payment Console
- Default Recurring Amount - What recurring billing amount will automatically be populated in the Payment Console
- Default Gateway - If you are using multiple gateways, you can set this to populate a specific one based on Page Layout and Salesforce object hosting Chargent Anywhere.
- Billing Account Lookup - This makes it easier to lookup an account and assign a contact from that account.
- Billing Contact Lookup - This allows you to select a contact record to quickly process a payment for that account.
- Custom Name your Charge button - You can name the Charge button whatever you want to fit your company’s theme.
Payment Console is available with Chargent’s Platform Edition or above.
- Check out the complete Recurring Billing documentation for setting up Recurring Billing via the Payment Console and Chargent Anywhere.
Account Updater is a Scheduled Apex batch which checks the Credit Card Expiration Date fields on the Chargent Order Transaction package. Credit Cards that are expiring this month (or are already expired when the batch runs) are sent update notifications.
Please note that many Payment Gateways offer Account Updater services as well. These work without the cardholder needing to make any update, by updating the card on file related to the token stored in Salesforce.
Account Updater is based on Chargent's Payment Request feature, and works similarly, but simply stores updated billing information without processing a payment. An email notification is sent to customers with expired or expiring cards, with a link that takes them to a self-service hosted payment page.
Hosted on your own Salesforce Site, the payment page features a brandable, secure credit card form, where your customers enter their payment information. A customer's billing address is already populated on the form, and they can update it if they wish, along with providing new credit card details. Those values are automatically updated into the associated Salesforce Chargent Order record. This saves time in tracking down customers to provide updated credit card information.
For complete details and setup of Account Updater, check out our Account Updater documentation page.