Chargent Reports and Dashboards
- Pre-Installed Reports:
- Customizing Reports:
- Subscribe to get Emails
- Add Reports to the Navigation Bar
- Add Reports to Salesforce Favorites
Chargent Reports in Salesforce can help you create and maintain important transactional information that is essential to your business. Reports help you reconcile transaction records with your gateway to ensure you are collecting on all revenue, and following up on missed payments or declined credit card transactions. You can also easily customize these reports to suit your business needs.
This document covers Reports using Salesforce Lightning. You can access the reports and dashboards in Salesforce Classic, however Salesforce Lightning gives you more advanced features.
Chargent uses standard Salesforce Reports for its reporting, so i you are not familiar with Salesforce Reports and Dashboards, check out Salesforce’s Trailhead for help and training.
Chargent comes with the following pre-installed reports.
- Transactions by Gateway - Shows all transactions from the last 90 days by gateway (if you are using multiple gateways).
- Reconciliation Report - Last Month - This report shows you all the Transaction records from the previous month. It will allow you to reconcile what shows up in your gateway with what’s in Salesforce.
- Payment Errors from Yesterday - You can use this report to analyze declines and errors from the previous day. This will provide you the payment errors and who you should follow up with to correct the payments. Check out the section below “Check Payment Errors from Yesterday”
- Payment Errors (All Time) - Similar to the Payment Errors from yesterday but from all time. This will show you outstanding errors that still need to be collected.
- All Transactions by Month - Shows you all transactions by month
- Projected Collections This Month - Projected amount to be collected this month, next month
- Accounts in Collections - Accounts with records currently in Automated Collections payment status
- All Transactions Last 90 - Shows you all the transactions in the last 90 days.
The ‘All Transactions Last 90 report is great for reconciling your Salesforce transaction records with the transaction records in your Gateways!
To access the pre-installed reports, you want to navigate to the Chargent Reports folder in your Reporting.
- Click the App Launcher
- Search for and select Reports
- Choose All Folders
- Click the Chargent Reports folders
You can easily modify a pre-installed report and use the “Save As” feature to slightly change the name and create a new report. This allows you to keep a copy of the original report so you can use the copy to modify, add filters, etc.
For example: If the report was originally called "Awesome Report April" You might change it to "Awesome Report April - AMEX".
To customize an existing report click the [Edit] button on the report you want to modify. At the top of the Report, a Column Graph is displayed. Click the Gear to the right to change the properties of the Graph. You may prefer to display a bar graph, for example. This is where you can also make more configuration changes like adding a title for your chart, or removing the Chart altogether.
Below the graph, are the Chargent Field values. You can toggle the Row Counts, Detail Rows, Subtotals, and Grand Total switches at the bottom to adjust the report to your liking.
Not all of the Chargent Fields are displayed on the report. For example, If you're doing echeck transactions as well as credit card transactions you may want to show the bank account fields on the report.
To make changes to the report, click [Edit] on the top right. Under Columns, you can add, remove and reposition the fields to build a report that is most useful for you. In this example, we want to see the bank account fields on the report, so we are going to add Bank Account Name and Bank Account Last 4.
Make Report Groupings
Report Groupings allow you to group data together for faster analysis. For example you might want to break out credit card and bank account transactions on your report. To do that, you want to add a grouping based on Payment Method. Simply click the dropdown arrow and select ‘Group by this field’ next to Payment Method. You will now have grouping based on the Payment Method.
Setup Report Filters
Report filters allow you to drill down into specific data by filtering specific types of transaction to be displayed on the report. Let’s say your CEO wants to see a report that only contains American Express Transactions. You can use a Filter to display only those records by filtering the report using the Card Type equals American Express.
Check Payment Errors from Yesterday
The Payment Errors from Yesterday report will show you any records that have had errors from the previous day. This allows you to update the credit card or bank information as well as potential issues with a customer's address.
In the below example you can see the following.
- 3 transactions were declined yesterday
- How much each transaction was
- The total of all declined transactions that need to be collected
From here you can click into the Transaction Record to obtain additional information in the Gateway Response fields. You can see why the transaction was declined. For credit cards it can often be one of the following (but not limited to), depending on your settings and the customer's credit card.
- Insufficient funds
- Address Verification Failed (also known as AVS)
- CVV (Card Verification Code) didn’t match
- Invalid Credit Card number
For Bank Accounts it can be one of the following (but not limited to):
- Insufficient funds
- Account Number is invalid
- Routing Number (BSB Number in Australia) is invalid
You can verify that the information was entered correctly or you may need to contact your customer to obtain the correct data.
Pro Tip: It’s often useful to have the higher dollar amounts at the top for your Accounts Receivable so you are reaching out to the higher dollar values first. You can edit the report to show the amounts descending from highest to lowest.
Subscribe to get Emails
One of the great features of Salesforce Lightning is that it allows you to subscribe to different reports. You can select which report you want emailed to you, on what days of the week and at what time.
To subscribe, click on the drop down menu next to Edit and select Subscribe.
Select the following criteria:
- Frequency - What days of the week you want to receive the report
- Daily: For Daily it will send you a notification every day until you unsubscribe from the report.
- Weekly: Allows you to set which days of the week you want this to run on a regular basis.
- Monthly: Allows you to select either a specific day of the month or a relative date such as the 2nd Monday of the month.
- Select who should receive the report
- Select who to run the report as
- Add any conditions that you may want such as only over a certain amount, or only if there are a certain number of records.
Add Reports to the Navigation Bar
- Click on the pencil in the top right under your profile picture and then click Add More Items.
- Click the [Add More Items button]
- Under Available Items click All
- Search for Reports and check the box
- Click the [Add Nav Item] button on the bottom.
- Click [Save]
Pro Tip: You can also use this feature to rearrange the tabs in your Navigation Bar.
Add Reports to Salesforce Favorites
If you have too many tabs in your Navigation Bar and still want quick access to certain reports, you can add them to your Favorites.
- Navigate to the Reports tab
- Click the Star option to add the Reports to your Favorites
To Access it click the down arrow to the right of the Star icon and select Reports from your Favorites.