Chargent for Vonage Contact Center (formerlyNew Voice Media) will support the ability to pause call recording when opening the Chargent Payment Console and resume recording when the payment console is closed.
Additionally, an API method is provided that can be called by developers to pause and resume recording.
- Ensure that the New Voice Media Salesforce package is installed and properly configured
- Navigate to the Chargent Settings Tab
- Click on “New Voice Media” option
- If you do not see this tab and the NVM package is installed, then you will need to reach out to Appfrontier to have this feature enabled
- Select the region for your Call Center
- Enter authentication credentials. If not already authorized click ‘Authenticate’.
- Once authenticated, the ability to enable or disable the “Pause Recording API” will be presented.
- Enable to pause recording when payment console is opened
- Disable to allow recording when payment console is opened
- Multiple regions can be configured. The region used by the API is determined by the call center the salesforce user has been assigned.
- In order to resume recording the Payment Console MUST be closed using the “Close” or “Back to Record” buttons. Closing the Payment Console by clicking on the upper right X will not resume recording