- Installation & Assigning Licenses
- Configure Chargent Terminal in Salesforce
- Add Chargent Terminal to your Page Layout
- Using the Terminal Payments Object
- Terminal Payment actions
- Processing Payments with Chargent Terminal
- Customer Satisfaction integration
- Chargent Terminal Transaction Sync
- Unlinked Chargent Terminal Transactions
Installation & Assigning Licenses
- Install Chargent Terminal from the Salesforce AppExchange
- Provide licenses in Salesforce for those who need to use the terminal
- Click the gear icon in the top right side of Salesforce and choose Settings
- Under Apps select Installed Packages
- Next to the Chargent Terminal package click Manage Licenses
- Click Add Users
- Select the users you want to add
- Select Add
- Click the gear icon in the top right side of Salesforce and choose Settings
Configure Chargent Terminal in Salesforce
Once Chargent Terminal is installed in your Salesforce Org, and you have assigned licenses, you will want to configure your Salesforce Org to connect with your terminal.
- Click the AppLauncher in the top left corner
- Select the Chargent Terminal App
- Click the Terminal Configuration tab
- Select Setup Wizard from the Menu
- Follow the step by step wizard to configure your terminal(s) in Salesforce
- Add Remote Site
- Add Permissions
- Terminal Admin
- Terminal User
- Terminal Unlinked Payments
- Business Authorization: Authenticate with Poynt HQ and select the Store(s) that will be associated with this Salesforce Org.
- Push Topic: This enables the Salesforce Streaming API to send details to the terminal.
- Click Finish
If you have multiple terminals being used for different areas of your business, you can set the default terminal for each Salesforce account. Under the Debug section of the setup select User Terminal. From the drop down menu select the correct terminal as the default. Click the “Save Default Choice” button and all transactions that are sent from this Salesforce instance will now be sent to the terminal you set as the default.
Add Chargent Terminal to your Page Layout
Chargent Terminal was written to work with your existing lightning pages on any object in Salesforce!
- From the gear icon on the object of your choice click Edit Page
- From the left side under Custom - Managed drag and drop the Chargent Terminal into the Page Layout.
- Use either the large column or a small column. We think it looks nicer on the small column, however either one will work.
- If you’ve not yet activated this page, on the top right side, click Activate
- Click Save
- Click Back
The Page Layout will now contain the Chargent Terminal lightning component.
To finish the configuration, go to the object that you just added the Chargent Terminal to. There will be a button that says Complete Configuration. Once this is pressed it will finish the configuration and you will now be able to send transactions from Salesforce to the terminal.
Note: If the Chargent Terminal doesn’t show up on the Page Layout after following the steps above, make sure that the specific Page Layout is assigned to the correct user in Salesforce.
There is a new object that comes with the installation of Chargent Terminal called Terminal Payments. All transactions processed in your Poynt HQ account including those from the terminal, are represented in Salesforce as a Terminal Payment record.
The Terminal Payment available actions are dynamic. The app will only show you actions that are valid for that Terminal Payment. When there are no actions displayed, this means that there are no actions that are allowed on that transaction.
From the Terminal Payment Record users may:
- Void the Transaction - This would be if the charge was still in an Authorize status and would not be reflected as a charge on the customers credit card.
- Capture the Transaction - This is used when you want to Capture a different amount than what was originally authorized (an example would be tips, concession fees).
- Refund the Transaction - Refunds are done on charges that have already been captured and the funds need to be added back to the customers credit card. You can refund the full amount or a portion of the transaction.
Processing Payments with Chargent Terminal
You can either charge the balance due or you can charge a specific amount.
- Enter the amount you want to charge and press the Charge with Terminal button. This will send the transaction to the Terminal for the transaction to be completed.
- The customer will be prompted to do the following:
- Tap a card/phone or insert a card to be charged
- Add their signature on the screen
- Select a method of receipt.
- Text Message - They will enter in their mobile phone number and receive a text message with a link to a receipt
- Email - They will enter their email address and will receive an email containing their receipt.
- Paper Receipt - Prints the receipt from the terminal.
- No Receipt - If the customer doesn’t need a receipt.
Note: The terminal is compatible with all modern forms of payment, both card and mobile phones, including Apple Pay and Google Pay on compatible mobile devices.
Once the receipt is sent or printed, the terminal will go back to the main customer screen.
Customer Satisfaction integration
Your customers that choose to get a receipt on Text Message or Email will be able to rate their experience and you will be able to interact with customers to get feedback on your products and service through the Poynt HQ integration.
Chargent Terminal Transaction Sync
Chargent Terminal Transaction Sync has been designed to enable merchants to have more flexibility in accepting payments while still benefiting from having these payments integrated into Salesforce.
In a number of situations it makes sense to initiate payments directly from the Terminal, rather than using the process described above, where the transaction starts from inside Salesforce.
Since these “terminal first” transactions will not have as much customer data or information on the related object to connect them in Salesforce, you will need to link them manually in Salesforce to the correct record.
You can always process transactions using the Chargent Terminal, whether directly on the terminal or by starting inside Salesforce. Events and trade shows are common example of where you may want to charge a customer but you may not need or have Salesforce in front of you.
Unlinked Chargent Terminal Transactions
If you have run transactions directly from the terminal (without clicking the button in Salesforce,) you will have Unlinked Chargent Terminal Transactions in Salesforce. To link them to your parent records and connect them to your customer in Salesforce simply follow these steps.
- Click the AppLauncher on the top left hand side of Salesforce.
- Search for Chargent Terminal Unlinked Transactions.
- You will see the following Options on the left side which allow you to search for Unlinked Chargent Terminal Transactions.
- Linked Object - This should default to the object where you have the Chargent Terminal added to the Page Layout. If you have the Chargent Terminal on multiple objects you will have to choose one.
- Store Name - If you have multiple stores you will need to choose the store you want to link. If you have only one terminal then you will only see one option from the drop down.
- Populate Date Range - You can choose Today, Yesterday, Last 30 Days, This Month, or All Time. This automatically populates the Search Start and the Search End fields. You can also set the Search Start and Search End to be whatever date range you want.
A success message will populate and you have now successfully connected an Unlinked Chargent Terminal Transaction to the correct Chargent Order, and therefore to the customer associated with the charge.